Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cusco is declared a zone of emergency


I was evacuated to Cusco on monday for fear of the main bridge collapsing as the others had, leaving no way out of Urubamba. Well I must tell you I made my way back to Urubamba on tuesday to gather the rest of my belongings as well as check on Ada and the children of Mosoq Runa(I couldnt leave without making sure they were alright) there were lots of tears and goodbye kisses. I told them that I didn't know how but sometime before the year was over, I would find a way to come back so we can complete the work we had begun. they all shouted with Joy at that point. I left them with more learning gifts and then headed back to Cusco early wednesday morning to take refuge until my flight from cusco to lima on monday morning. If all goes well(which I am sure it will) I will be back in the states by tuesday. Send us all your positive energy and prayers, more especially for the children and all of Peru.
Your donations are needed now more than ever, Please click the link "Donate" on the right of this page to send in your donation of $10 or more if you are able. Think how many times you've spent $10 at Starbucks or Mcdonald's, The same ten dollars can be used to help save the life of a child or their entire family. Thanks for sharing and thanks for caring
Love you all and I will see you soon

Diva

The following is a letter I received via email....

Dear Diva,


Cusco is declared a zone of emergency

The past three days in Cusco have been tense and tragic for both stranded tourists around Machu Picchu and townsfolk left homeless due to continued rains. Ten people have died as of Wednesday afternoon, including an Argentine tourist and her guide on the Inca trail. Hundreds of tourists are stuck in Aguas Caliente, the town outside of Machu Picchu. Read a compilation of important and breaking news by LivinginPeru.com. Keep informed by visiting our news, our Facebook page or our Twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment