Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Whoops Here it is!!!

Hi Guys,
So sorry …it's been difficult to keep my blog updated. The internet service is taking forever to be installed at the volunteer house. But alas a volunteer working on another project pointed me to the internet cafes, so here I am. However, I won't be able to post my pictures and videos until I'm on a safe line.

I am having quite an experience working with the kids. We made an agreement in the beginning that I will help them learn English and they will help me with Spanish and it has been working out great! So far I have taught them how to identify their left and right hands and feet by teaching them the Hokey Pokey. I also taught them how to count to fifty in English by the use of the jump ropes I bought for them. We also use Jack Stones!! The first week I worked with them they all gathered together and sung IMAGINE to me. It was so special that I could hardly hold back the tears. I have made plans for them to draw a mural on the wall at Mosoq Runa on Saturday Dec 19th. The theme will be ....NUNCA RENUNCIES SU SUEÑOS meaning NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!!!

I visited Machu Picchu on Saturday Dec 12th and had an amazing time. It's been a dream of mine since 1988 and I set forth my intentions to visit there since 2006. My daughter can attest to that. The Universe is amazing and when we use the power of positive creative visualization we do in fact co-create our own reality. I believe that with all my heart. How else would all of this have been possible?

I am still taking Peruvian cooking classes and have made some awesome and delicious dishes (once I learn to pronounce them correctly, I'll be good to go - LOL). My Spanish classes are going well. I have cultural activities every Friday and have had the opportunity to visit several interesting ruin sites. I have been walking and climbing quite a bit so don't be a hater if I return even finer than I already was - LOL.

Gotta go for now but keep checking back for more updates. I'll post pics and videos as soon as I am able.. Love you all to the utmost

No comments:

Post a Comment