Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dropped out sight

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I dropped out of sight and it's taken so long to update you on my adventures and experiences here in Urubamba. As you know from my last blog, I arrived in Urubamba on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. Well before I could get acclimated, we changed locations and by Saturday we were in full moving swing. It was really hard work.. let me stop, everyone else was working hard and would not let me do much of anything (I love these guys). So I figured I'd at least take pictures of them working their butts off. LOL!!

So let's see if I can play a little catch up....

On Monday, I had the opportunity to go to Mosoq Runa and met the kids I will be working with. When I arrived they were jumping up and down, shouting "Voluntarias esta aqui!" meaning the Volunteer is here. I was so overwhelmed with joy and excitement that I almost cried, but I didn't. Once I saw the kids and how much they appreciated that I had come to work with them, I knew that I made the right decision to come. They were amazing!! While in Lima, I purchased lots more supplies for the kids and they were overjoyed.

I take Spanish classes Monday - Thursday and Peruvian cooking classes twice a week. I work with the kids Monday - Thursday as well.

Chao!

2 comments:

  1. Keep rockin' Diva! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta, Diva! Eres muy maravillosa! Donde estan los otros articulos aqui? Me gusta tu trabajo!!!!!
    Bendiciones luminosos,
    Claudia Moss

    ReplyDelete